Thursday, June 28, 2007

Attention!!

Its 3 AM. I woke up and I am unable to get back to sleep. One thought is going round and round in my head and I thought I should let it out and then get back to sleep. One of my friends had told me this long back and it has popped out now all of a sudden.

It is about our need for attention. Whatever we do, we do it so as to be noticed by others or we do so, to seek attention. Attention by others is the food for our ego. We need to sustain some level of ego in ourselves to do whatever we are doing. Otherwise we will become depressed. The engine will stop working. And spousal love is the peak of attention we get.

May be, most probably, I am writing this to seek attention and feed my ego!!

There is a pub called ‘The Forum’ here in Stellenbosch. They have an amazing menu with all kind of witty sayings. I borrowed one from them to take back to India. One of the sayings:

“Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, and you’d step over your own mother just to get one! But you can’t stop at one. You wanna drink another woman!” (Homer Simpson to Bart)

1 comment:

Girish Mailar said...

ya, i agree with u, attention feeds our ego, but ego is our weakness, if v feed our weakness it will increase
and one day it will disturbs our mind more than anything else. spousal love is a good example for this, spouse feeds our ego better than anyone else
and also, spouse is the most disturbing factor in the world.

Google