Thursday, July 28, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
- Stood in the Q for 15 minutes to pay cash - required to issue a new card with the changed address
- The lady told that I have to go to another counter and get the amount written on the form
- I went to counter-21 and got the amount written on my DL Xerox
- Stood in the Q and paid 220.
- Went to counter-21 and showed all the forms. The fellow said that I need to put a self-addressed envelope and attach my DL with the form.
- Went out and bought an envelope. Attached it to the documents and went back to counter-21
- The lady took the application. Filled my details in some torn ledger. Asked another fellow to give an acknowledgement. I thought all was going well.
- Then another officer came and checked my documents. He told that I will need to fill 2 other forms which are available outside in the shops.
- I went out, bought the other 2 forms, filled them and came back to counter-21
- The officer took the documents and gave it to another person sitting next for signatures. Some other guy appeared suddenly and asked me talk to another officer sitting in the back.
- I went inside and spoke to the guy. Now, he tells me that they don't accept rental agreement as proof. I told him that, last week, they only had told me to get the rental agreement with the affidavit. But, he says that the rules have changed this week.
- I asked the other guy as to why he gave me the wrong information last week. He tells me that this is the first time he is seeing me - fair enough, they see lot of faces daily!!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Sent from my iPhone
Monday, January 24, 2011
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I went to a petrol bunk to get emission certificate for my car. This guy took the reading, gave me the certificate and asked for 80 Rs. I promptly asked him for the bill. Initially he told that they don't give the bill for this. I insisted for it and asked him to call the owner. Then he showed me the price list and took only 75/- which was the actual listed price. Felt triumphant for a minute :) I dont know if I should have done anything more, like alerting the owner?! He would have lost the job unless the owner is also part of it.
Guess he usually charged 80 Rs and pocketed 5 Rs..
hmm.. poor people.. they find a way to make quick money.